The just-food management briefing - GM
Few issues divide opinion in the food industry like GM and, in this month's briefing, we look at issues including consumer protection and product labelling - and ask whether GM is a threat to the environment or a force for good.
This month's management briefing looks at genetically modified food and the debate around the use of GM. Part one presents an overview of the sector, of GM crops, the reasons for their development and the major companies in the biotech sector.
The second part of our briefing looks at the main safety issues associated with GM - as defined by the WHO - and the differences between regulation in the EU and the US.
Part three puts forward the main points of debate between supporters and critics of GM.
The fourth and final section of this month's just-food management briefing, which focuses on GM.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units