The just-food management briefing - GM
Few issues divide opinion in the food industry like GM and, in this month's briefing, we look at issues including consumer protection and product labelling - and ask whether GM is a threat to the environment or a force for good.
This month's management briefing looks at genetically modified food and the debate around the use of GM. Part one presents an overview of the sector, of GM crops, the reasons for their development and the major companies in the biotech sector.
The second part of our briefing looks at the main safety issues associated with GM - as defined by the WHO - and the differences between regulation in the EU and the US.
Part three puts forward the main points of debate between supporters and critics of GM.
The fourth and final section of this month's just-food management briefing, which focuses on GM.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes