The just-food management briefing - GM
Few issues divide opinion in the food industry like GM and, in this month's briefing, we look at issues including consumer protection and product labelling - and ask whether GM is a threat to the environment or a force for good.
This month's management briefing looks at genetically modified food and the debate around the use of GM. Part one presents an overview of the sector, of GM crops, the reasons for their development and the major companies in the biotech sector.
The second part of our briefing looks at the main safety issues associated with GM - as defined by the WHO - and the differences between regulation in the EU and the US.
Part three puts forward the main points of debate between supporters and critics of GM.
The fourth and final section of this month's just-food management briefing, which focuses on GM.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide