The just-food management briefing - how to 'green' your supply chain
It is no longer enough for sustainability to be a buzzword slapped on a company's corporate brochure. Supplier and stakeholder engagement is vital for effective measures. This briefing analyses the industry's latest efforts on how to implement programmes that build a greener business.
Sustainability is a buzzword including in many a corporate brochure and its ubiquity can attract cynicism about a company's policies to mitigate their impact on the environment. However, food makers and retailers are building the issue into how they interact.
Devising and implementing sustainable programmes is one thing; measuring their progress is quite another. The fourth and final part of the just-food management briefing assesses how industry can track any advances it is making.
Easy-to-understand labelling can drive consumer demand for sustainable products but how easy is it to develop labels that accurately measure a foodstuff's impact on the environment?
The development of company policy on sustainability not only needs to include suppliers but also the wider NGO sphere - from government and unions and from farming groups to aid charities. Here the briefing discusses examples of established bodies that incorporate broader stakeholder involvement.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020