The just-food management briefing - how to 'green' your supply chain
It is no longer enough for sustainability to be a buzzword slapped on a company's corporate brochure. Supplier and stakeholder engagement is vital for effective measures. This briefing analyses the industry's latest efforts on how to implement programmes that build a greener business.
Sustainability is a buzzword including in many a corporate brochure and its ubiquity can attract cynicism about a company's policies to mitigate their impact on the environment. However, food makers and retailers are building the issue into how they interact.
Devising and implementing sustainable programmes is one thing; measuring their progress is quite another. The fourth and final part of the just-food management briefing assesses how industry can track any advances it is making.
Easy-to-understand labelling can drive consumer demand for sustainable products but how easy is it to develop labels that accurately measure a foodstuff's impact on the environment?
The development of company policy on sustainability not only needs to include suppliers but also the wider NGO sphere - from government and unions and from farming groups to aid charities. Here the briefing discusses examples of established bodies that incorporate broader stakeholder involvement.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights