The just-food management briefing - reformulation
Reformulation has become one of the food industry buzzwords as the sector reacts to consumer demand for healthier products and the threat of regulatory pressure to change recipes. This briefing takes sugar, salt and fat in turn and outlines the options available to manufacturers looking to reformulate their products.
Product reformulation is the subject of the just-food's latest management briefing and, in the first part of the analysis, we look at sugar.
The final part of this month's management briefing focuses on the nutrition guidelines that form the basis of traffic-light and GDA labelling in the UK, as well as the criteria behind the labels on pack in the US.
The third of the just-food reformulation management briefing looks at the various ways to replace fat - from low-calorie fats to fat extenders.
Salt is the topic of the second part of this month's management briefing from just-food. This section of the reformulation briefing includes a look at salt enhancers, salt replacers and altering the physical form of the salt
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review