The just-food management briefing - reformulation
Reformulation has become one of the food industry buzzwords as the sector reacts to consumer demand for healthier products and the threat of regulatory pressure to change recipes. This briefing takes sugar, salt and fat in turn and outlines the options available to manufacturers looking to reformulate their products.
Product reformulation is the subject of the just-food's latest management briefing and, in the first part of the analysis, we look at sugar.
The final part of this month's management briefing focuses on the nutrition guidelines that form the basis of traffic-light and GDA labelling in the UK, as well as the criteria behind the labels on pack in the US.
The third of the just-food reformulation management briefing looks at the various ways to replace fat - from low-calorie fats to fat extenders.
Salt is the topic of the second part of this month's management briefing from just-food. This section of the reformulation briefing includes a look at salt enhancers, salt replacers and altering the physical form of the salt
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's