The just-food management briefing - reformulation
Reformulation has become one of the food industry buzzwords as the sector reacts to consumer demand for healthier products and the threat of regulatory pressure to change recipes. This briefing takes sugar, salt and fat in turn and outlines the options available to manufacturers looking to reformulate their products.
Product reformulation is the subject of the just-food's latest management briefing and, in the first part of the analysis, we look at sugar.
The final part of this month's management briefing focuses on the nutrition guidelines that form the basis of traffic-light and GDA labelling in the UK, as well as the criteria behind the labels on pack in the US.
The third of the just-food reformulation management briefing looks at the various ways to replace fat - from low-calorie fats to fat extenders.
Salt is the topic of the second part of this month's management briefing from just-food. This section of the reformulation briefing includes a look at salt enhancers, salt replacers and altering the physical form of the salt
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious