The just-food management briefing - reformulation
Reformulation has become one of the food industry buzzwords as the sector reacts to consumer demand for healthier products and the threat of regulatory pressure to change recipes. This briefing takes sugar, salt and fat in turn and outlines the options available to manufacturers looking to reformulate their products.
Product reformulation is the subject of the just-food's latest management briefing and, in the first part of the analysis, we look at sugar.
The final part of this month's management briefing focuses on the nutrition guidelines that form the basis of traffic-light and GDA labelling in the UK, as well as the criteria behind the labels on pack in the US.
The third of the just-food reformulation management briefing looks at the various ways to replace fat - from low-calorie fats to fat extenders.
Salt is the topic of the second part of this month's management briefing from just-food. This section of the reformulation briefing includes a look at salt enhancers, salt replacers and altering the physical form of the salt
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020