The just-food management briefing - reformulation
Reformulation has become one of the food industry buzzwords as the sector reacts to consumer demand for healthier products and the threat of regulatory pressure to change recipes. This briefing takes sugar, salt and fat in turn and outlines the options available to manufacturers looking to reformulate their products.
Product reformulation is the subject of the just-food's latest management briefing and, in the first part of the analysis, we look at sugar.
The final part of this month's management briefing focuses on the nutrition guidelines that form the basis of traffic-light and GDA labelling in the UK, as well as the criteria behind the labels on pack in the US.
The third of the just-food reformulation management briefing looks at the various ways to replace fat - from low-calorie fats to fat extenders.
Salt is the topic of the second part of this month's management briefing from just-food. This section of the reformulation briefing includes a look at salt enhancers, salt replacers and altering the physical form of the salt
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Danone "mulls Yakult stake sale"