The just-food management briefing - sustainable packaging
How a company packages its food is key to any moves to making itself more sustainable. We look at what is driving the development of sustainable packaging, the pre-eminence of recycled material, the rise of renewable and biodegradable sources - and highlight two companies leading the sector, CSM and Tetra Pak.
In the first part of just-food's latest management briefing, Jonathan Thomas outlines the moves to create industry-wide standards on sustainable packaging and the moves made by individual food companies to make their packaging more environmentally-friendly.
The final part of just-food's look at sustainable packaging looks at two companies at the forefront of developments in the sector - CSM and Tetra Pak.
just-food's management briefing now turns to packaging from renewable sources, which, Jonathan Thomas writes, is developing rapidly. Renewable and biodegradable packaging are gaining traction in an industry keen to become more sustainable.
Part two of our management briefing on sustainable packaging focuses on recycled material. As Jonathan Thomas writes, recycled products are central to the sector but the amount they are used differs by material, while competition from other products and safety issues could have an impact on future growth.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details