The just-food management briefing - sustainable packaging
How a company packages its food is key to any moves to making itself more sustainable. We look at what is driving the development of sustainable packaging, the pre-eminence of recycled material, the rise of renewable and biodegradable sources - and highlight two companies leading the sector, CSM and Tetra Pak.
In the first part of just-food's latest management briefing, Jonathan Thomas outlines the moves to create industry-wide standards on sustainable packaging and the moves made by individual food companies to make their packaging more environmentally-friendly.
The final part of just-food's look at sustainable packaging looks at two companies at the forefront of developments in the sector - CSM and Tetra Pak.
just-food's management briefing now turns to packaging from renewable sources, which, Jonathan Thomas writes, is developing rapidly. Renewable and biodegradable packaging are gaining traction in an industry keen to become more sustainable.
Part two of our management briefing on sustainable packaging focuses on recycled material. As Jonathan Thomas writes, recycled products are central to the sector but the amount they are used differs by material, while competition from other products and safety issues could have an impact on future growth.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report