The just-food management briefing - sustainable packaging
How a company packages its food is key to any moves to making itself more sustainable. We look at what is driving the development of sustainable packaging, the pre-eminence of recycled material, the rise of renewable and biodegradable sources - and highlight two companies leading the sector, CSM and Tetra Pak.
In the first part of just-food's latest management briefing, Jonathan Thomas outlines the moves to create industry-wide standards on sustainable packaging and the moves made by individual food companies to make their packaging more environmentally-friendly.
The final part of just-food's look at sustainable packaging looks at two companies at the forefront of developments in the sector - CSM and Tetra Pak.
just-food's management briefing now turns to packaging from renewable sources, which, Jonathan Thomas writes, is developing rapidly. Renewable and biodegradable packaging are gaining traction in an industry keen to become more sustainable.
Part two of our management briefing on sustainable packaging focuses on recycled material. As Jonathan Thomas writes, recycled products are central to the sector but the amount they are used differs by material, while competition from other products and safety issues could have an impact on future growth.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities