The just-food management briefing - sustainable packaging
How a company packages its food is key to any moves to making itself more sustainable. We look at what is driving the development of sustainable packaging, the pre-eminence of recycled material, the rise of renewable and biodegradable sources - and highlight two companies leading the sector, CSM and Tetra Pak.
In the first part of just-food's latest management briefing, Jonathan Thomas outlines the moves to create industry-wide standards on sustainable packaging and the moves made by individual food companies to make their packaging more environmentally-friendly.
The final part of just-food's look at sustainable packaging looks at two companies at the forefront of developments in the sector - CSM and Tetra Pak.
just-food's management briefing now turns to packaging from renewable sources, which, Jonathan Thomas writes, is developing rapidly. Renewable and biodegradable packaging are gaining traction in an industry keen to become more sustainable.
Part two of our management briefing on sustainable packaging focuses on recycled material. As Jonathan Thomas writes, recycled products are central to the sector but the amount they are used differs by material, while competition from other products and safety issues could have an impact on future growth.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review