The just-food management briefing - the healthy snacks market
Health has become a key factor in the development of the snacks market worldwide. This month's management briefing looks at the consumer dynamics driving demand for healthy snacks, developed and emerging markets and the recent NPD from companies like PepsiCo and Kellogg
During most of the last decade, health has emerged as one of the main drivers within the global snack foods market, mainly as a result of more people paying greater attention to their diets. Suppliers of snack foods are also facing increasing pressure from government and other regulatory bodies, keen to encourage people to improve their dietary habits and lead healthier lifestyles so as to reduce healthcare costs.
just-food's November 2010 management briefing on the global market for healthy snacks is from our report on the sector, which you can download in full here.
Given the highly competitive nature of the snack foods market, levels of innovation and new product activity have traditionally been on the high side.
Although snacking patterns are fairly consistent throughout the world, penetration levels and consumer behaviour do differ according to region.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Nestle CFO Martello to move to head Asia unit
- Nestle sales rise on emerging markets, pricing
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Mondelez launches whipped Philadelphia in UK