The just-food management briefing - the healthy snacks market
Health has become a key factor in the development of the snacks market worldwide. This month's management briefing looks at the consumer dynamics driving demand for healthy snacks, developed and emerging markets and the recent NPD from companies like PepsiCo and Kellogg
During most of the last decade, health has emerged as one of the main drivers within the global snack foods market, mainly as a result of more people paying greater attention to their diets. Suppliers of snack foods are also facing increasing pressure from government and other regulatory bodies, keen to encourage people to improve their dietary habits and lead healthier lifestyles so as to reduce healthcare costs.
just-food's November 2010 management briefing on the global market for healthy snacks is from our report on the sector, which you can download in full here.
Given the highly competitive nature of the snack foods market, levels of innovation and new product activity have traditionally been on the high side.
Although snacking patterns are fairly consistent throughout the world, penetration levels and consumer behaviour do differ according to region.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report