What to watch in 2012
Water usage, food security, the "savvy shopper" and industry consolidation will be themes to watch this year
Some of the world's largest retailers struggled in 2011, which promises to mean even more intense competition in 2012. What could this mean for suppliers? Ultimately, it could mean the industry witnesses more consolidation this year.
In part two of our management briefing, Sam Webb talks to experts about the possible changes to the landscape of the food retail sector in 2012, amid power shifts, market volatility, evolving shopping trends and changing consumer habits.
Forecasting that sustainability will be a prominent subject in 2012 is hardly the boldest of predictions. But given the complexity and breadth of the sustainability arena, predicting what the hotspots will be during the coming 12 months is an altogether different proposition. There are some racing certainties, however.
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom