Barry Callebaut AG (BARN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Barry Callebaut AG (Barry Callebaut) is a leading manufacturer of cocoa, chocolate and confectionery products. It is also a leading supplier of cocoa, chocolate and cappuccino blends for vending machines. Additionally,it offers chocolate products,fillings and decorations,coatings and cocoa powders to food manufacturing industry. Barry Callebaut categories by product group such as Cocoa products, Food manufacturers products and Gourmet & Specialties. The company's activities also includes product development, processing, training and marketing.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Barry Callebaut AG provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Barry Callebaut AG - Key Facts 4
Barry Callebaut AG - Key Employees 5
Barry Callebaut AG - Key Employee Biographies 6
Barry Callebaut AG - Major Products and Services 7
Barry Callebaut AG - History 8
Barry Callebaut AG - Company Statement 10
Barry Callebaut AG - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Barry Callebaut AG - Key Manufacturing Facilities 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Barry Callebaut AG - Business Description 14
Barry Callebaut AG - Corporate Strategy 15
Barry Callebaut AG - SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis - Overview 16
Barry Callebaut AG - Strengths 16
Strength - Strong Financial Performance 16
Strength - Wide Customer Groups 16
Strength - Diversified Presence 16
Barry Callebaut AG - Weaknesses 16
Weakness - Product Recalls 16
Barry Callebaut AG - Opportunities 17
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 17
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements 17
Opportunity - Huge Potential in the Emerging Markets 17
Opportunity - Focus on Innovation 18
Barry Callebaut AG - Threats 18
Threat - Fluctuations in Raw Material Costs 18
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations 18
Threat - Growing Competitive Market 18
Barry Callebaut AG - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 20
Performance Chart 22
Financial Performance 22
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 24
Section 4 – Appendix 25
Ratio Definitions 25
About GlobalData 29
Contact Us 29
List of Tables
Barry Callebaut AG, Key Facts 4
Barry Callebaut AG, Key Employees 5
Barry Callebaut AG, Key Employee Biographies 6
Barry Callebaut AG, Major Products and Services 7
Barry Callebaut AG, History 8
Barry Callebaut AG, Subsidiaries 12
Barry Callebaut AG, Key Manufacturing Facilities 13
Barry Callebaut AG, Key Competitors 19
Barry Callebaut AG, Ratios based on current share price 20
Barry Callebaut AG, Annual Ratios 20
Barry Callebaut AG, Interim Ratios 23
Currency Codes 25
Capital Market Ratios 25
Equity Ratios 26
Profitability Ratios 26
Cost Ratios 27
Liquidity Ratios 27
Leverage Ratios 28
Efficiency Ratios 28
List of Figures
Barry Callebaut AG, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011) 22
Barry Callebaut AG, Ratio Charts 24
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.