Britannia Industries Limited (BRITANNIA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Britannia Industries Limited (BIL) is a leading biscuit manufacturing company in India. BIL principally carries out the production and sale of bakery and dairy products in India and internationally. The company’s bakery products include biscuits, bread, cakes, and rusk; and dairy products comprise milk, butter, cheese, ghee, and dahi. BIL offers its products under various brands, include Good Day, Treat, 50-50, Pure Magic, Tiger, Milk Bikis, MarieGold, and NutriChoice. The company operates manufacturing plants in Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai and Uttarakhand. BIL markets its products in India, Mauritius, United Arab Emirates and Sri Lanka. The company is headquartered at Kolkata, in West Bengal, India.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Britannia Industries Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Britannia Industries Limited - Key Facts
Britannia Industries Limited - Key Employees
Britannia Industries Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Britannia Industries Limited - Major Products and Services
Britannia Industries Limited - History
Britannia Industries Limited - Company Statement
Britannia Industries Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Britannia Industries Limited - Business Description
Britannia Industries Limited - Corporate Strategy
Britannia Industries Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Britannia Industries Limited - Strengths
Strength - Strong Brand and Product Portfolio
Strength - Wide Spread Operations
Strength - Increased Profitability Ratios
Britannia Industries Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Pending Litigation
Weakness - Decreased Liquidity Position
Weakness - Declining Working Capital
Britannia Industries Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - New Product Launches
Opportunity - Rising Food Business in India
Opportunity - Industry Growth Prospects: Dairy Industry
Britannia Industries Limited - Threats
Threat - Rising Raw Material Prices
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Government Regulations
Britannia Industries Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Britannia Industries Limited, Key Facts
Britannia Industries Limited, Key Employees
Britannia Industries Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Britannia Industries Limited, Major Products and Services
Britannia Industries Limited, History
Britannia Industries Limited, Other Locations
Britannia Industries Limited, Subsidiaries
Britannia Industries Limited, Affiliate
Britannia Industries Limited, Key Competitors
Britannia Industries Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Britannia Industries Limited, Annual Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Britannia Industries Limited, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Britannia Industries Limited, Ratio Charts
Related market research by company
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.