Consumer and Innovation Trends in Cheese
Growth in the market value of cheese in the past five years has been stronger than in other dairy categories such as milk, yogurt, and spreadable fats. This report outlines relevant consumer and product trends impacting this category globally, based on Datamonitor's TrendSights mega-trend framework, to classify the key themes.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the cheese category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 20 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors influencing consumers' purchasing behavior.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in cheese products worldwide.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Health-conscious consumers worldwide are concerned about the high salt and fat content of cheese. Cheese brands should therefore emphasize positive nutritional benefits (such as protein, vitamins, and minerals), and can gain consumer trust by communicating the importance of salt as a flavor enhancer and in controlling bacteria development.
Cheese brands are tapping into the rising appeal of artisan production techniques among consumers who value product tradition and authenticity. Communicating details of the brand's history, traditional production techniques, and appellation systems can help these brands differentiate themselves in a cluttered marketplace.
Keywords: cheese, dairy, cream cheese, artisan, cheddar, PDO, fat, indulgence, comfort food, protein, calcium, wine.
- How do Datamonitor's mega-trends apply specifically to cheese? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in the cheese category and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for cheese brands?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
Table of contents
Related market research by sector
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.