Consumer Trends in Specialty Rice
While specialty rice varieties represent only a small proportion of the overall rice category, their intrinsic properties meet a number of consumer demands and expectations, and as such offer many exciting opportunities for the innovation and marketing of new products in this space.
- Discover which key consumer trends apply to specialty rice.
- Understand how to tailor innovation and maketing to meet consumer expectations.
- Analyse current product launch activity within the rice sector and understand where opportunities exist.
Eight out of 10 consumers believe that diet and nutrition are important for creating a feeling of wellbeing. Specialty rice varieties are ideally placed to fulfill this consumer demand for healthy, wholesome products, but current innovation trends fall short of the mark.
Two thirds of consumers enjoy making new things to eat or trying different foods and two out of five consumers say that their taste in food has changed as a result of exposure to foods from other cultures, revealing opportunities to launch new specialty rice products targeted at this group of curious consumers.
63% of consumers say that environmental and ethical considerations are important whan deciding which products or services to puchase, but the number of new product launches of organic and fair-trade rice remains very rare.
- What are the opportunities for positioning specialty rice varieties within the premium tier?
- How can I make the most of the healthy and wholesome properties of specialty rice varities
- How can I market organic or fair-trade rice products?
Table of contents
Related market research by sector
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.