Hot Trends in Food and Drinks Innovation
The report aims to explore key innovations and marketing strategies that will play an important part in driving the development of new products that will meet new and changing consumer demands over the next five to ten years. The report looks at regional differences in the drivers of change in consumer trends and considers the changes that need to be made to existing innovations strategies.
Features and benefits
- Analyze key socio-economic trends such as the aging population, increasing urbanization, changing employment patterns, and concerned consumerism.
- Understand how changing socio-economic trends will have a profound effect on how consumers choose food and drinks products and brands.
- Gain a deeper insight into new ways of meeting changing consumer demands for premium, healthy, ethical, and convenient food and drinks.
- Identify new ways to attract consumer attention, drive purchase uptake and increase brand loyalty.
- Evaluate how changes in technology will affect innovations and marketing strategies and change the way consumers interact with food and drinks brands.
The growth of innovations in and the uptake of consumer technology, and especially social media, is undoubtedly having a considerable impact on consumer behavior. But it is not enough to know that these developments are changing the innovations and marketing landscape, it is also crucial to understand the pace and scale of the changes.
The population of the world is aging, meaning that consumers over the age of 60 control an increasingly significant proportion of consumer spend. This makes seniors one of the most important consumer groups, but it is important to recognize that not all senior consumers behave in the same way or have the same needs.
Consumers’ lifestyles are changing significantly, leading to demand for products that are convenient, to help accommodate increasingly time-pressed consumers; sustainable and ethical products that cater for the growing trend towards concerned consumerism, and healthy products that respond to growing consumer interest in health and wellbeing.
Your key questions answered
- How are consumer trends in favor of premium, ethical, healthy and convenient products affected by worldwide changes in consumer demographics?
- How can food and drinks manufacturers ensure that their products meet changing consumer expectations of “premium” and “sustainable”?
- What lifestyle pressures do today’s consumers face and how can food and drinks manufacturers and brand owners offer saleable solutions?
- What are the long-term implications of the growth of the Internet and social media for food and drinks innovations and marketing strategies?
- How is the “senior” consumer segment changing and what are the implications for the food and drinks industry?
Table of contents
Overview of the social media landscape
Social media user analysis
Using social media to market food & beverages
The future of social media in food & beverages
Who is this report for and what is it about?
Definitions of social media
Notes on data and sources
Overview of the social media landscape
Development of the social media landscape
Recent key advances
Current social media types
Factors driving and restricting social media growth
Positive: social network growth
Positive: demographic trends
Positive: emerging platform opportunities
Negative: concerns over trust and security
Negative: social media fatigue
Negative: competitive market for user attention
Social media user profile
Social media user numbers and spending power
Mobile broadband users
Social network users
Demographic profile of social media users
Social network platform analysis
Issues in using social media in food & beverages
Key activities in social media strategy
Monitoring and shaping discussions of your brands in social media
Ensuring your social media campaigns match brand values
Aligning your social media campaigns with offline campaigns
Sponsoring or creating online social games
Engaging with consumers through mobile and location-based services
Key food and drinks categories for social media
A Bunch of Carrot Farmers
Amoy’s Real Taste of Asia
Domino’s Pizza Holdouts
Lucozade’s Make Energy Flow
Mountain Dew’s DEWmocracy
Polo ‘Sucker or Cruncher’
Oreo’s Guinness World Record attempt
The future of social media in food and beverages
Demographic and platform evolution
The need to attract seniors
Ensuring that marketers track emerging platforms in developed markets
Following social media trends in the developing world
The impact of different cultures on gender balance in social media
The developing world’s age-related trends will ultimately catch up with the West
Consumer fatigue with social media
Concerns about trusting brands in social media
New platforms will be an important focus
Interactive TV will converge with social media
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.