How Australia Grocery Shops
The Australian grocery sector is undergoing significant transformation. Not only is grocery retailing characterized by increased frugality and value consciousness; the impact that the Internet will have on grocery shopping is now beyond speculation, while evolving expectations around freshness, food safety and variety continue to influence retailer initiatives.
- Understand how each stage of the shopper 'path to purchase' is evolving, by drawing on a blend of Australia-specific consumer and shopper insight.
- Access a comprehensive data model developed specifically for this report, which covers key changes in Australian grocery shopping occasions and spend.
- Draw inspiration from Australian and international case studies that typify best-practice along each stage of the 'path to purchase'.
'Immediate consumption' shopper missions will grow at an annual rate of around 3.0% over the next five years, as snacking prevalence and the meal offerings of grocery retailers improves. In contrast, stock-up trips will decrease slightly as smaller families and more convenient shopping options reduce the need for substantial, pre-planned trips.
While fresh produce comprises only a fraction of consumers’ shopping trolleys, the freshness and quality of in-store produce is the most influential factor for Australians in deciding where to shop. This is followed closely by lower prices and proximity to home, illustrating the diversity of needs and expectations influencing store selection.
- How is grocery shopping frequency expected to change among Australians? Will growing value consciousness impact average basket size?
- How do shopper and consumer needs differ? How can manufacturers and retailers simultaneously cater to both shoppers and consumers?
- To what extent is the online grocery channel in Australia expected to grow over the next few years? What will drive and inhibit this growth
Table of contents
This product has been designed for delivery in a slide pack format (ppt or pdf).
Please select the slide pack option from the download menu at the side of the page.
Features and Benefits
'IMMEDIATE CONSUMPTION' SHOPPER MISSIONS WILL GROW AT AN ANNUAL RATE OF AROUND 3.0% OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS, AS SNACKING PREVALENCE AND THE MEAL OFFERINGS OF GROCERY RETAILERS IMPROVES. IN CONTRAST, ‘STOCK-UP’ TRIPS WILL DECREASE SLIGHTLY AS SMALLER FAMILIES AND MORE CONVENIENT SHOPPING OPTIONS REDUCE THE NEED FOR SUBSTANTIAL, PRE-PLANNED TRIPS.
Key questions answered
Related market research by sector
Related market research by market
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.