How Changing Global Consumer Trends Influence Packaging: Consumer attitudes to food waste and implications for food packaging in waste reduction
The EU estimates that just over 40% of all food waste is generated by households or consumers. This report examines how elements of food packaging can be optimized to reduce consumer waste, ranging from branding, on pack storage instructions/messages, and the pack design itself.
- Achieve packaging differentiation by identifying how food packagers are tapping into underlying consumers trends to reduce food waste
- Stimulate ideation and invigorate brands by learning from best practice examples from fresh produce
- Enhance your market positioning and concept development efforts and reduce risk for new product launches
According to Datamonitor research, approximately one in four consumers in Europe claim they regularly throw food waste away because it has past its use by date. Consumers need better education into use by dates.
Freshness is a key determinant of consumer purchase behavior and is the key factor consumers are looking for from their food packaging. This report examines how product freshness can be enhanced and better communicated to consumers through packaging.
- What are the key consumer drivers of food waste?
- Which consumer group is wasting food?
- Which is a bigger concern for consumers food waste or packaging waste?
- What is the optimal balance between reducing food waste and reducing packaging waste?
- What packaging strategies can be implemented to reduce food waste?
Table of contents
Related market research by sector
Related market research by market
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.