Mealtime and Snacking Trends in Australia
Eating and drinking patterns in Australia continue to evolve in line with consumers' changing needs and priorities. Moreover, these priorities fluctuate depending on the time of day and consumption occasion. Accordingly, this report captures 'a day in the life' of an Australian consumer, and identifies the key issues that define each consumption occasion and ultimately influence product choice.
- Experience a day in the life of a typical Australian consumer, by gaining insight into the key issues that inform each main meal and snacking occasion
- Access a comprehensive data model developed specifically for this report, which covers food and drink consumption occasions and spend in Australia
- Draw inspiration from best-practice examples from around the world that most effectively cater to specific eating and drinking occasions
For the average Australian in 2011, 37% of all eating and drinking occasions were snacks. While main meal consumption will decline or plateau over the next few years, snack consumption in the morning, afternoon and evening is forecast to increase significantly as consumers seek meal solutions that better adapt to their hectic lifestyles.
Reflecting the shift to a 'clockless day', the late-night snacking opportunity is a lucrative one, with Australians spending a total of $7.6 billion on evening snacks in 2011. The occasion is most popular among younger consumers, with Australians aged 18-24 consuming an evening snack around four times a week.
- What are the fastest-growing consumption occasions in Australia and what does this represent in market value? Who and what is driving this growth?
- Why are Australians snacking more frequently? To what extent do their motivations for snacking differ throughout the day?
- What proportion of overall spend is represented by beverages? Is the role of drinks changing in the context of meal and snack consumption?
Table of contents
ABOUT THIS RESEARCH
This product has been designed for delivery in a slide pack format (ppt or pdf).
Features and Benefits
Key questions answered
Related market research by sector
Related market research by market
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.