Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK Sector Summary
A unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures. This is a summary report covering total retail, sectors and channels - clothing & footwear, DIY & gardening, electricals, furniture & floorcoverings, food & grocery, health & beauty, homewares and DIY Superstores.
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next ten quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies
Overall 2012 retail growth is forecast at 1.2% - the third lowest growth rate in 40 years. Best performing categories include food & grocery, clothing & footwear and health & beauty.
Home related categories will suffer the most as the housing market remains weak – furniture & floorcoverings will be the worst performing in H1 2012, followed by DIY & gardening and electricals.
Inflationary pressures ease in H1 2012. Non-food inflation is flat in Q1 and deflation returns in Q2 as the impact of the VAT rate annualises. However, pressures remain in food with inflation set to hold firm at 3.0%.
- Are we facing a double dip recession and what impact will this have on the retail sector?
- When should I plan for an economic recovery?
- Which retail sectors will perform the best through 2012–14? Which sectors should my business focus on?
- Which sectors will be most impacted by high unemployment?
Table of contents
UK QUARTERLY FORECAST SUMMARY
•A review of H2 2011 and a look ahead
Christmas a mixed bag
Difficult environment illustrated by casualties
UK economic situation deteriorates
… and youth unemployment will harm specific sectors
Percentage point difference with Total Retail
Health & beauty forecasting changes
DIY & Gardening forecasting changes
•Help and tips to use the quarterly forecasts
Copying data to Excel
Inserting slides into your own presentations
•Ask the analyst
•Table: Principle sources of data and information
•Figure: Verdict forecasting methodology
Related market research by sector
Related market research by market
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.