Saputo Inc. (SAP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Saputo Inc. (Saputo) is one of the leading dairy processors in the world, and is among the top three cheese producers in the US. It is also one of the largest dairy processors in Argentina and the largest snack-cake producers in Canada. The company is engaged in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of cheese, fluid milk, yogurt and dairy ingredients. Saputo also provides fresh bakery products such as cereal bars, snack-cakes, fresh cookies and tarts. The company principally operates in Canada, Argentina, Germany, the UK and the US. It operates 47 manufacturing plants located across its operating regions.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Saputo Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Saputo Inc. - Key Facts 4
Saputo Inc. - Key Employees 5
Saputo Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 6
Saputo Inc. - Major Products and Services 7
Saputo Inc. - History 9
Saputo Inc. - Company Statement 11
Saputo Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 – Company Analysis 13
Saputo Inc. - Business Description 13
Saputo Inc. - SWOT Analysis 14
SWOT Analysis - Overview 14
Saputo Inc. - Strengths 14
Strength - Broad Product and Brand Portfolio 14
Strength - Strong Foothold in Dairy Market 14
Strength - Increased Liquidity Position 14
Saputo Inc. - Weaknesses 14
Weakness - Product Recall 14
Weakness - Decreased Profitability 15
Saputo Inc. - Opportunities 15
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Private label Products 15
Opportunity - Industry Growth Prospects: Dairy Industry 15
Opportunity - Acquisition of DCI Cheese Company 15
Opportunity - Strong Focus Towards Innovation 16
Saputo Inc. - Threats 16
Threat - Extremely Regulated Market 16
Threat - Rising Manpower Cost 16
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 16
Saputo Inc. - Key Competitors 17
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 18
Performance Chart 20
Financial Performance 20
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 22
Saputo Inc., Recent Deals Summary 23
Section 4 – Appendix 24
Ratio Definitions 24
About GlobalData 28
Contact Us 28
List of Tables
Saputo Inc., Key Facts 4
Saputo Inc., Key Employees 5
Saputo Inc., Key Employee Biographies 6
Saputo Inc., Major Products and Services 7
Saputo Inc., History 9
Saputo Inc., Other Locations 12
Saputo Inc., Subsidiaries 12
Saputo Inc., Key Competitors 17
Saputo Inc., Ratios based on current share price 18
Saputo Inc., Annual Ratios 18
Saputo Inc., Interim Ratios 21
Saputo Inc., Recent Deals Summary 23
Currency Codes 24
Capital Market Ratios 24
Equity Ratios 25
Profitability Ratios 25
Cost Ratios 26
Liquidity Ratios 26
Leverage Ratios 27
Efficiency Ratios 27
List of Figures
Saputo Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012) 20
Saputo Inc., Ratio Charts 22
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Harjit Abbi direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 613, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.