South Africa Brand Report 2012: Consumers of Vitamins and Supplements
This comprehensive report examines the South African vitamin & supplement segment: Historical market sales (past 5 years), Sales forecasts until 2014, Global and local consumer/market trends, Geo-demographic trends (2007-2011) among users of vitamin and supplements, Competitor analysis of key brands in the segment, Detailed geo-demographic brand profile and brand penetration analysis, Cellphone, Internet, Lifestyle and Media consumption (2011).
The consumer analysis is based on the latest annual consumer survey among a nationally representative sample of more than 25,000 people - All Media and Products Survey conducted by the South African Advertising Research Foundation.
Some of the key questions the report will help you to answer are:
- What are the historical market sales and forecasts until 2014?
- Who are the key players and brands in the market and how are they positioned?
- What are the important consumer and market trends that should be included in your business strategy?
- Who are the users of vitamins and supplements? What are geo-demographic trends among users e.g. age, gender, affluence, life-stage, geo-demographics
- How do you engage with them? e.g. lifestyle, cellphone, internet, sports, music interests
- What media do you use to communicate to them? e.g. online media, TV, radio, newspapers, magazines
It provides a comprehensive consumer profile of the entire vitamin & supplement segment (minimum category sample = 3631 consumers), as well as a detailed segmentation by brand, namely: Berocca; Bioplus; Bio-Strath; Cal-C-Vita; Caltrate; Centrum; Herbex; Natures Health; Scott’s Emulsion; Spirulina; Supradyn; Turbovite; Vital.
Additional brands that are included in the market trends and geo-demographic trends analysis of vitamin & supplement users: Bettaway; Natura; Dynamisan; Ensure and USN.
It examines in detail the demographics, lifestyle, media consumption and cell phone and Internet usage of the vitamin & supplement segment by brand, making it a vital reference report for anyone wanting to understand this segment of the market.
Why purchase this market research reports?
- The report focuses on consumer-based intelligence – the most valuable brand asset
- Provides a comprehensive analysis of the “big picture” with global and local consumer/market trends
- Historical sales (past 5 years) and sales forecasts until 2014
- Includes a detailed competitor analysis and brand positioning
- 91 page report with 100+ charts, graphs, tables
- Salient points and key insights are highlighted and summarised in comment boxes on each page
Table of contents
1.1 South Africa At A Glance: Size; Population; GDP; Gini Coefficient; Life Expectancy; Human Development Index; Top Exports And Import Goods; Top Trading Partners
1.2 SA Province Overview (2011): GDP Contribution And Population Size
1.3 SA Age Estimate (2011): South African Population Age Distribution
1.4 SA Population Race And Gender Estimate (2011): Race; Black; White; Coloured; Indian Or Asian. Gender; Male Or Female
2. Historical Sales and Forecasts
2.1. OTC Medicine Sales in South-Africa: 2003-209 (Actual sales); 2010-2014 (Forecasts)
2.2. OTC Medicine Sales as a percentage of total sales in South Africa: 2003-2009 (Actual sales); 2010-2014 (Forecasts)
2.3. OTC Medicine Sales by category: Vitamin and Minerals; Skin Treatment; Analgesics, Cough and Cold; Digestives: 2003-2009 (Actual sales); 2010-2014 (Forecasts)
2.4. Vitamin and Mineral Sales in South Africa: 2003-2009 (Actual sales); 2010-2014 (Forecasts)
3. Company/ Brand Analysis
3.1. Competitor Analysis: Top Vitamin & Supplement Brands: Berocca; Cal-C-Vita; Bioplus; Vital; Nativa; Turbovite
3.2. The Global Nutraceutical Market: Overview of the Global VMS market
3.3. South African VMS Industry: Overview of the South African market; South African consumer trends: Children; Young Adults; Middle Aged Adults, Baby Boomers and Pensioners
4. Vitamin and Supplement Usage & Brand Trends
4.1. Vitamin and Supplement Users: Overview: Total adult population (2007-2011)
4.2 Consumption Frequency: Light, Medium, Heavy
4.3. Consumer Trends by brand 2009-2011: Cal-C-Vita, Berocca, Bioplus, Centrum, Natures Health, Vital, Biostrath, Scott’s Emulsion, Spirulina, Bettaway, Herbex, Natura, Supradyn, Turbo Energy, Turbovite, Caltrate, Dynamisan, Ensure, USN, Other Brands
5. Geo-Demographic Trends among Consumers 2007 -2011
5.1. Gender Profile: Male; Female
5.2. Age Profile: 16-19; 20-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-64, 65+
5.3. Lifestage Profile: At home singles; Starting-out singles; Couples; Parents; Single parents
5.4. LSM Group Profile: 1-4; 5-6; 7-8; 9-10
5.5. Population Group Profile: Black; White; Coloured; Indian
5.6. Home Language Profile: English, isiZulu, isiXhosa, isiNdebele, Afrikaans, siSwati, Sepedi, Sesotho, Setswana, Tshivenda and Xitsonga
5.7. Province Profile: Western Cape; Northern Cape; Eastern Cape; KwaZulu-Natal; Free State; Mpumalanga; Gauteng; Limpopo; North West
5.8. Community Type Profile: Settlements and Non-Urban areas, Small Towns and Villages, Cities and Large Towns , Metropolitan Areas
6. Brand Profile and Brand Penetration (2011): Berocca; Bioplus; Bio-Strath; Cal-C-Vita; Caltrate; Centrum; Herbex, Natures Health; Scott’s Emulsion, Spirulina; Supradyn; Turbovite; Vital
6.1. Gender Profile: Brand and brand penetration of each brand by gender
6.2. Age Profile: Brand Profile and brand penetration of each brand by age
6.3. Lifestage Profile: Brand profile and brand penetration of each brand by lifestage
6.4. LSM Profile: Brand profile and brand penetration of each brand by LSM group
6.5. Population Group: Brand profile and brand penetration of each brand by population group
6.6. Home Language: Brand Profile ad brand penetration of each brand by home language
6.7. Province Profile: Brand Profile and brand penetration of each brand by province
6.8. Community Profile: Brand Profile and brand penetration of each brand by community
6.9. Consumption Frequency: LSM Profile and penetration :usage: High, Medium, Low
7. Cellphone and Internet (2011): Berocca; Bioplus; Bio-Strath; Cal-C-Vita; Caltrate; Centrum; Herbex, Natures Health; Scott’s Emulsion, Spirulina; Supradyn; Turbovite; Vital
7.1. Cellphone Usage: Cellphone usage by brand
7.2. Make of Cellphone: Cellphone brands by segment brand
7.3. Cellular Network Provider: Cellular network provider by brand
7.4. Daily Cellphone Activities: Cellphone activities by brand
7.5 PC and Laptop Ownership: Ownership of PC and Laptop by brand
7.6. Internet Access (Past 7 Days): Internet access in past seven days by brand
7.7 Internet Activities: Internet Activities by brand
7.8. Internet Purchases (Past 12 Months): Internet purchases by brand
8. Lifestyle (2011): Berocca; Bioplus; Bio-Strath; Cal-C-Vita; Caltrate; Centrum; Herbex, Natures Health; Scott’s Emulsion, Spirulina; Supradyn; Turbovite; Vital
8.1. Main Bank: Main bank by brand
8.2. Sports Interests: Sports interested in by selected brand
8.3. Sports Participation: Sports participated in by selected brand
8.4. Favourite Music: Favourite music types by selected brand
8.5. Frequency of cinema visits: Frequency of cinema visits in average four weeks by brand
9. Media (2011): Berocca; Bioplus; Bio-Strath; Cal-C-Vita; Caltrate; Centrum; Herbex, Natures Health; Scott’s Emulsion, Spirulina; Supradyn; Turbovite; Vital
9.1 Online Media Usage: Reading a Newspaper, Read/Access Current News, Watch TV Online, Listen to the Radio Online
9.2. Average Newspaper Readership: Average readership of daily and weekly newspapers by brand
9.3. Newspaper Readership: Top three daily and weekly newspapers by brand
9.4. Average Magazine Readership: Average readership of weekly and monthly magazines by brand
9.5. Magazine Readership: Top three weekly and monthly magazines by brand
9.6. Top 3 TV channels (Past 7 Days): Top three terrestrial TV channels viewed past 7 days by brand
9.7. Top 3 DSTV TV channels: Top three DSTV TV channels viewed past 7 days by brand
9.8. Top 3 Radio Stations (Past 7 Days): Top three radio stations listened to in past 7 days by brand
Related market research by sector
Related market research by market
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.