Successes and Failures Case Study: Pepsi Max and Doritos "Fire and Ice" Campaign
Effective innovation is difficult to come by, but it is the key to sustained competitive advantage in the consumer packaged goods industry. Lessons can be learned from both successes and failures. This case study looks at how Pepsi Max and Doritos successfully teamed for a "Fire and Ice" promotional campaign to drive joint purchases of the tortilla chips and cola brands.
- Access comprehensive analysis of global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration.
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that underpinned innovation success/failure.
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your category.
Around 80% of new product innovation fails, highlighting the challenge that industry players face in innovating in today's competitive market landscape. Failed innovation can severely undermine profits and brand reputations. Conversely, the rewards for successful innovation are substantial.
Datamonitor is constantly monitoring the big winners and losers in the consumer packaged goods industry. Each case study contains background information, describes how developments unfolded, and is contextualized by Datamonitor’s own research and analysis.
This case study looks at the example of the Pepsi Max and Doritos "Fire and Ice" campaign. By launching complementary new flavors (Pepsi Max Citrus Freeze and Doritos Jalapeño Fire), the brands were able to team up for a joint promotional campaign that drove consumers to purchase both products together, significantly increasing sales of each brand.
- Why is the Pepsi Max and Doritos Fire and Ice campaign considered an interesting case of success?
- How does Datamonitor judge the success of the Pepsi Max and Doritos Fire and Ice campaign?
- What consumer insight has underpinned this?
- What can I learn from the success of the Pepsi Max and Doritos Fire and Ice campaign?
Table of contents
Related market research by company
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.