The Hershey Company (HSY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
The Hershey Company (Hershey) is manufacturer of chocolate and non chocolate confectionery and chocolate related grocery products. The company, along with its subsidiaries undertakes production, marketing and distribution of various types of chocolate and confectionery products, gum and mint refreshment products, food and beverage enhancers such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages. The company markets its products under 80 brands, such as; Hershey's Kisses, Kit Kat, Reese's, Twizzlers, Pieces, Almond joys, Twizzlers, Mounds and others. Hershey operates in the US, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, Asia ,the Middle East and Africa. It markets its products in around 70 countries. The company is headquartered in Hershey, Pennsylvania, the US.
The company's strategic intent focuses on designing new products which are nutritious and healthy. In regards to this, the company launched Hershey's Simple Pleasures chocolates, which contains 30% less fat compared to the average of milk chocolates.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of The Hershey Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
The Hershey Company - Key Facts
The Hershey Company - Key Employees
The Hershey Company - Key Employee Biographies
The Hershey Company - Major Products and Services
The Hershey Company - History
The Hershey Company - Company Statement
The Hershey Company - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
The Hershey Company - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
The Hershey Company - Business Description
The Hershey Company - Corporate Strategy
The Hershey Company - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
The Hershey Company - Strengths
Strength - Product Portfolio
Strength - License Agreements
Strength - Operating Performance
The Hershey Company - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on a Few Customers
Weakness - Legal Proceedings
Weakness - Decline in Inventory Turnover
The Hershey Company - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Food Industry
Opportunity - Demand for Organic Food
The Hershey Company - Threats
Threat - Change in Labor Wages/Laws
Threat - Growing Competitive Market
Threat - Increasing Production and Energy Costs
The Hershey Company - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
The Hershey Company, Key Facts
The Hershey Company, Key Employees
The Hershey Company, Key Employee Biographies
The Hershey Company, Major Products and Services
The Hershey Company, History
The Hershey Company, Other Locations
The Hershey Company, Subsidiaries
The Hershey Company, Key Manufacturing Facilities
The Hershey Company, Joint Venture
The Hershey Company, Key Competitors
The Hershey Company, Ratios based on current share price
The Hershey Company, Annual Ratios
The Hershey Company, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
The Hershey Company, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
The Hershey Company, Ratio Charts
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Claire Cole direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 738, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.