Unilever: Proving that sustainability and profitability can coexist
Unilever is one of the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Recently it has added an additional focus to its operations, promoting sustainability within its business model. It has implemented major changes in terms of its research and development projects, product development, manufacturing facilities, the sourcing of raw materials, and sourcing renewable power.
Features and benefits
- Description of Unilever as a company and its history within the fast moving consumer goods market as a leading player.
- Explanation of the plans Unilever has put in place to improve the sustainability of its processes and products.
- How has Unilever done in comparison with its goals? What changes have been made in the company to make it more sustainable?
- Have these changes been costly and what do they mean in terms of Unilever's continued competition with companies such as Procter & Gamble?
- In conclusion, have the changes been worth it and what challenges will Unilever face in the future?
Unilever is a large international corporation in the fast moving consumer goods sector. It is hugely successful in its industry and owns a number of billion dollar brands. The company is dual listed on the stock market and headquartered in London and Rotterdam.
The company has set itself a number of stringent targets in its sustainability policy and has created a company culture whereby sustainability is a key element in its processes. It has managed to do this and retain profitability despite introducing major changes to supply chain and raw material suppliers.
Unilever has altered many of its products and services. Initiatives include producing healthier food product options, making many products fair-trade and rainforest certified, altering washing product concentrations to reduce water consumption, and buying palm oil from certified and sustainable sources.
Your key questions answered
- Has Unilever remained profitable?
- Have these changes been damaging to the company?
- What benefits has Unilever reaped from becoming more sustainable?
- What problems may it face in the future?
Table of contents
UNILEVER AS A COMPANY
BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE OUTLOOK
Consequences of being a global player
WHAT UNILEVER IS DOING
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF THESE CHANGES?
Recognized as a good global citizen
New developments in technology and efficiency
Impact on profitability
Competitors raising costs
Image can be all encompassing
A sustainability success
Benefiting different areas of the company
Not without pitfalls
Ask the analyst
Related market research by company
Our prices are competitive, and to ensure you get the most attractive deal available, we'll do our very best to match any price in the unlikely event you can find the same product for less elsewhere.
All we ask for is reasonable proof of the report being currently available at the lower price.
If you do find a lower price, contact Harjit Abbi direct by telephone on +44 (0)1527 573 613, 1-866-545-5878 Toll-Free from the US, alternatively email us here.
Many resellers don't offer refunds full stop. We're different. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase let us know within 5 working days. If we are unable to address the problem to your satisfaction we will give you a full refund.