The food business blog from Michelle Russell
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Michelle Russell.
And so I bid farewell 29 Nov 13
Sachin Tendulkar isn't alone in bidding farewell to colleagues as, today, I enter into my final few hours as news editor for just-food...
Tesco draws line under US venture 27 Nov 13
Tesco has finally drawn a line under its failed US venture with the announcement the sale of much of its business in the market has been sold...
Premier Foods plc this morning (11 November) announced it has signed a three-year, exclusive, oils and fats collaboration and product co-development deal with food ingredients group AAK...
US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland has attempted to dampen growing political and industry opposition to its acquisition of Australian grain trader GrainCorp in the country...
Barilla has attempted to dig itself out of a massive, PR nightmare of a hole, after its CEO recently sparked outrage by saying he would never use gay couples in commercials...
UK consumer watchdog Which? has insisted shoppers should be wary of supermarket price match schemes due to a skewing of each retailer's comparisons...
It seems US business magnate Warren Buffett has very different views to activist investor Nelson Peltz on whether PepsiCo would benefit from a split...
US food manufacturers Kraft Foods Group and ConAgra Foods are extending their marketing partnership through a series of new campaigns...
As global speakers took to the podiums over the two and a half days of the World Retail Congress in Paris, one subject reoccurred, time and again: e-commerce and the evolution of digital...
Despite talk of the rapid growth of e-commerce and optimism for the emerging markets, one key message has run through the presentations of the World Retail Congress in the last two days: don't forget the customer...
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report