AUSTRALIA: 100 jobs at risk as Big Sister Foods collapses
Australian Big Sister Foods has gone into administration
Australian bakery firm Big Sister Foods has fallen into administration, leaving 100 jobs at risk.
The firm which was established 70 years ago had been handed over to receivers PPB Advisory after the appointment of Deloitte as voluntary administrators.
Daniel Walley of PPB Advisory said: "We are undertaking an urgent review of the business with a view to preparing Big Sister Foods for sale as a going concern. We will work with all stakeholders including employees and their representatives, customers and suppliers to ensure the business continues to operate effectively.
"We are keen to talk to any parties that may be interested in the opportunity to acquire all or part of this business."
Big Sister Foods, based in New South Wales, was a supplier of cakes, pies and muffins to major supermarket chains.
Big Sister Foods is an iconic Australian business established in 1945. It has a readily recognised brand and is a significant manufacturer and wholesaler of fruit cakes, fruit mince pies, glacé cherries, muffins and cupcakes. These products are sold primarily to major supermarkets and food service groups.
Big Sister Foods employs about 100 people across two manufacturing sites: in Ermington and Taren Point, NSW.
Daniel Walley of PPB Advisory said:
“We are undertaking an urgent review of the business with a view to preparing Big Sister Foods for sale as a going concern. We will work with all stakeholders including employees and their representatives, customers and suppliers to ensure the business continues to operate effectively.
“We are keen to talk to any parties that may be interested in the opportunity to acquire all or part of this business.”
PPB Advisory will update all stakeholders, including creditors, employees and investors on any meaningful developments via the creditors section of our website or by letter as soon as practicable.
Original source: PPB
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis