AUSTRALIA: 100 jobs at risk as Big Sister Foods collapses
Australian Big Sister Foods has gone into administration
Australian bakery firm Big Sister Foods has fallen into administration, leaving 100 jobs at risk.
The firm which was established 70 years ago had been handed over to receivers PPB Advisory after the appointment of Deloitte as voluntary administrators.
Daniel Walley of PPB Advisory said: "We are undertaking an urgent review of the business with a view to preparing Big Sister Foods for sale as a going concern. We will work with all stakeholders including employees and their representatives, customers and suppliers to ensure the business continues to operate effectively.
"We are keen to talk to any parties that may be interested in the opportunity to acquire all or part of this business."
Big Sister Foods, based in New South Wales, was a supplier of cakes, pies and muffins to major supermarket chains.
Big Sister Foods is an iconic Australian business established in 1945. It has a readily recognised brand and is a significant manufacturer and wholesaler of fruit cakes, fruit mince pies, glacé cherries, muffins and cupcakes. These products are sold primarily to major supermarkets and food service groups.
Big Sister Foods employs about 100 people across two manufacturing sites: in Ermington and Taren Point, NSW.
Daniel Walley of PPB Advisory said:
“We are undertaking an urgent review of the business with a view to preparing Big Sister Foods for sale as a going concern. We will work with all stakeholders including employees and their representatives, customers and suppliers to ensure the business continues to operate effectively.
“We are keen to talk to any parties that may be interested in the opportunity to acquire all or part of this business.”
PPB Advisory will update all stakeholders, including creditors, employees and investors on any meaningful developments via the creditors section of our website or by letter as soon as practicable.
Original source: PPB
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report