FRANCE: Speculation on Danone: 11 biscuit factories and 3,000 jobs for the chop
Despite intense media speculation that Danone is readying itself for the closure of 11 biscuit factories and the loss of 3,000 employees, the French foods group is remaining evasive on the issue. The group admits that it has plans to restructure its business, and streamline operations, but is refusing to say if any proposed factory closure or job cuts resulting from such a move have been finalised. Company spokeswoman, Diane d'Oleon, commented that Danone is reflecting on a restructuring plan to be completed in 3-4 months, but "it is not at all finalized."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin