FRANCE: Speculation on Danone: 11 biscuit factories and 3,000 jobs for the chop
Despite intense media speculation that Danone is readying itself for the closure of 11 biscuit factories and the loss of 3,000 employees, the French foods group is remaining evasive on the issue. The group admits that it has plans to restructure its business, and streamline operations, but is refusing to say if any proposed factory closure or job cuts resulting from such a move have been finalised. Company spokeswoman, Diane d'Oleon, commented that Danone is reflecting on a restructuring plan to be completed in 3-4 months, but "it is not at all finalized."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth