IRELAND: 150 jobs at risk as Kerry Foods looks to cut costs
Kerry Foods has announced 150 jobs may go at its Poole manufacturing plant
Kerry Foods has announced 150 jobs are at risk at its Poole manufacturing plant as the firm looks to streamline.
A spokesperson for the group said a 45-day consultation period had commenced with staff at the site on 20 March "with regard to a review of our operations".
The site, which manufactures savouries and pies, employs 860 full time staff.
Speaking to just-food today (15 April) a spokesperson explained that the move, which "may impact on 150 positions", followed measures to try and cut costs which had commenced a year earlier.
"This is a review of our operations. We have been working on improving our competitiveness in the pie and savouries sector for the past year but despite our best efforts and increases in raw material and input costs we still need to review our operations in order to maintain efficiencies on site and the viability of the business there."
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin