FRANCE: 150 jobs to go at Jean Caby following plants sale - union
The union at Jean Caby claims 150 staff's jobs are at risk following the sale of two plants
France's CFDT union has claimed 150 jobs will go at loss-making cooked meats firm Jean Caby in the event of the company's two production plants in Brittany being sold.
The manager of one of the plants, Philippe Beuve, told just-food the MP's comments were premature. He said the company was in talks with staff.
However, the CFDT said today (28 January) "representatives of the potential buyer" had "announced in very brutal fashion to the works council that they estimate there are 150 staff too many at Jean Caby".
The statement did not specify the potential buyer was FTL.
Contacted today, Beuve underlined Jean Caby was still in consultations with the works council.
"I can only re-iterate that absolutely nothing has been agreed or signed and therefore any comments from unions or political figures are unfounded. Discussions
will resume with the works council in the coming days," he added.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during June 2014. S...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during June 2014. Summary Usi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Campofrio Food Group, S.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The p...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details