FRANCE: 150 jobs to go at Jean Caby following plants sale - union
The union at Jean Caby claims 150 staff's jobs are at risk following the sale of two plants
France's CFDT union has claimed 150 jobs will go at loss-making cooked meats firm Jean Caby in the event of the company's two production plants in Brittany being sold.
The manager of one of the plants, Philippe Beuve, told just-food the MP's comments were premature. He said the company was in talks with staff.
However, the CFDT said today (28 January) "representatives of the potential buyer" had "announced in very brutal fashion to the works council that they estimate there are 150 staff too many at Jean Caby".
The statement did not specify the potential buyer was FTL.
Contacted today, Beuve underlined Jean Caby was still in consultations with the works council.
"I can only re-iterate that absolutely nothing has been agreed or signed and therefore any comments from unions or political figures are unfounded. Discussions
will resume with the works council in the coming days," he added.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during June 2014. S...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during June 2014. Summary Usi...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019