UK: 2 Sisters' Boparan Holdings reports mixed Q1
- Net loss of GBP5.1m
- Operating profit climbs 13.3%
- Net sales grow 9.2%
Despite the net loss, CEO Ranjit Singh, said the company had made a “solid start” to its new financial year
In the 13 weeks ended 27 October, the company made a net loss of GBP5.1m (US$8.3m) compared to a profit of GBP2m last year. Boparan blamed the loss on GBP12.1m of costs related to the site closure its Leicester site in October.
However, group operating profit, before restructuring costs, amounted to GBP30.7m, a 13.3% increase on last year. Operating profit margin was "slightly ahead" of the prior year quarter. The firm said its expectation of "broadly flat margins" for its full year remains unchanged.
The company, which supplies own-label chilled foods and poultry, as well as brands like Fox's biscuits, to UK retailers, said group sales climbed 9.2% to GBP616.7m. Like-for-like sales were up 5%.
CEO Ranjit Singh said 2 Sisters had made a "solid start" to its new financial year, in "challenging" market conditions.
"Despite the tough consumer environment and lapping sales gains made last year, we grew sales during the first quarter as we work hard to deliver food for every meal occasion," he said. "We expect markets to continue to be challenging and, reflecting our focus on top line sales growth and cash, we will invest where we see opportunities for growth."
Judicial administrators have demanded the Quimper commercial court pronounce a winding-up order for Doux's last remaining abattoir for fresh products....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis