UK: 2 Sisters Newport site sold to former execs
2 Sisters has announced the sale of the Avana bakery
2 Sisters Food Group has announced the sale of the Avana Bakeries site in Newport to Food Utopia, a company set up by two former executives at the UK food group.
In April, 2 Sisters confirmed it would close the site after it lost a cake production contract with Marks and Spencer. The contract represented 85% of the site's production. Some 550 staff worked at the plant.
The business will operate under Food Utopia - a new company set up by two former 2 Sisters executives - which will aim to secure continuing operations.
Staff are in the process of being transferred over to the new firm and there will be a transition period as existing customer contracts are transferred over.
Boparan Holdings made some positive noises about its third-quarter and said that it plans to invest in its protein and chilled units. Ukrproduct suggested that it has recovered some sales volumes desp...
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- ABP Food Group names COO Frank Stephenson new CEO
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Dairy Crest to focus on brands, ingredients