UK: 2 Sisters Newport site sold to former execs
2 Sisters has announced the sale of the Avana bakery
2 Sisters Food Group has announced the sale of the Avana Bakeries site in Newport to Food Utopia, a company set up by two former executives at the UK food group.
In April, 2 Sisters confirmed it would close the site after it lost a cake production contract with Marks and Spencer. The contract represented 85% of the site's production. Some 550 staff worked at the plant.
The business will operate under Food Utopia - a new company set up by two former 2 Sisters executives - which will aim to secure continuing operations.
Staff are in the process of being transferred over to the new firm and there will be a transition period as existing customer contracts are transferred over.
Boparan Holdings made some positive noises about its third-quarter and said that it plans to invest in its protein and chilled units. Ukrproduct suggested that it has recovered some sales volumes desp...
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Nestle strengthens margins but net profit down
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development