UK: 2 Sisters' Solway to add jobs through new business
The site is a key part of 2 Sisters Food Group’s growth agenda
2 Sisters Food Group-owned Solway Foods is to create 100 jobs at its facility in Nottinghamshire in the UK as a result of securing new business.
The sandwich manufacturer, based in Worksop, supplies retail customers including Tesco and Costa. The company said new business won through its existing customers means the company can create 100 new positions within the business.
One of the UK's largest chilled sandwich manufacturers, based in Worksop, is set to create 100 new jobs thanks to winning new business with its customers over the past year.
The facility currently employs around 1,200 permanent staff. New business in the last 12 months has allowed the facility to increase production volumes by around 6%.
The site is a key part of 2 Sisters Food Group's growth agenda, the company said. The firm, one of the UK's largest food manufacturers, supplying products including chicken and poultry, chilled ready meals and pizza, battled with employee strikes last year in an ongoing dispute over pay.
Steve Bryant, general manager for Solway Foods said: "This is good news for Solway Foods and shows how under 2 Sisters we are focused on growing our business into the future.
"The food industry overall remains tough and highly competitive, but the chilled sandwiches market is showing continued growth and by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, we have been able to benefit."
Two Sisters Food Group has signed a licensing agreement with Premier Foods plc for the production and distribution of its Hovis Breakfast Bakes biscuit range....
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019