UK: 2 Sisters' Solway to add jobs through new business
The site is a key part of 2 Sisters Food Group’s growth agenda
2 Sisters Food Group-owned Solway Foods is to create 100 jobs at its facility in Nottinghamshire in the UK as a result of securing new business.
The sandwich manufacturer, based in Worksop, supplies retail customers including Tesco and Costa. The company said new business won through its existing customers means the company can create 100 new positions within the business.
One of the UK's largest chilled sandwich manufacturers, based in Worksop, is set to create 100 new jobs thanks to winning new business with its customers over the past year.
The facility currently employs around 1,200 permanent staff. New business in the last 12 months has allowed the facility to increase production volumes by around 6%.
The site is a key part of 2 Sisters Food Group's growth agenda, the company said. The firm, one of the UK's largest food manufacturers, supplying products including chicken and poultry, chilled ready meals and pizza, battled with employee strikes last year in an ongoing dispute over pay.
Steve Bryant, general manager for Solway Foods said: "This is good news for Solway Foods and shows how under 2 Sisters we are focused on growing our business into the future.
"The food industry overall remains tough and highly competitive, but the chilled sandwiches market is showing continued growth and by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, we have been able to benefit."
Two Sisters Food Group has signed a licensing agreement with Premier Foods plc for the production and distribution of its Hovis Breakfast Bakes biscuit range....
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus