UK: 2 Sisters value-added chicken capacity
2 Sisters Food Group plans to extend its value-added chicken manufacturing site in Cambuslang in Scotland in a move that will increase capacity by as much as 50%.
The investment will create up to 180 new jobs and production will move to seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
The move comes two months after the UK food manufacturer announced plans to cut around 200 jobs at its Coupar Angus poultry facility in Scotland.
The company said the "multi-million pound" expansion plan in Cambuslang includes an 11,000 square foot extension to the facility.
The site produces a range of roasted and coated chicken products, such as breaded and seasoned chicken. The additional capacity will enable 2 Sisters production to grow with customer demand, the group added.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations