UK: 2 Sisters value-added chicken capacity
2 Sisters Food Group plans to extend its value-added chicken manufacturing site in Cambuslang in Scotland in a move that will increase capacity by as much as 50%.
The investment will create up to 180 new jobs and production will move to seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
The move comes two months after the UK food manufacturer announced plans to cut around 200 jobs at its Coupar Angus poultry facility in Scotland.
The company said the "multi-million pound" expansion plan in Cambuslang includes an 11,000 square foot extension to the facility.
The site produces a range of roasted and coated chicken products, such as breaded and seasoned chicken. The additional capacity will enable 2 Sisters production to grow with customer demand, the group added.
Biscuits in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018)...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Chilled and Deli Food market to grow at a CAGR of 2.71 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global meat market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest ha...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report