US: 200 jobs to go in Supervalu restructure
Supervalu Inc has announced a restructure which sees 200 jobs put at risk
US grocer Supervalu Inc has announced a business restructure which could see 200 jobs axed.
The decision to create a "streamlined independent business organisation" will see Supervalu consolidate its business from three to two regions, forming new east and west teams.
The new east and west business regions will be located in Mechanicsville, Virginia, and Hopkins, Minnesota, and led by presidents Kevin Kemp and Bill Chew respectively.
Supervalu said the reason for the restructure was to "reduce operating costs while continuing to drive sales growth with its current and prospective customers".
It "anticipates reducing" its entire workforce by 200 positions.
"Impacted employees will have an opportunity to apply for open positions within the new organisation," the statement added.
The company said it expects to create approximately 120 new jobs.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 20, 2014-- SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE: SVU) today announced plans for a streamlined independent business organization. As part of the new structure, SUPERVALU’s independent business will consolidate from three regions to two regions, forming new East and West teams. The new East and West independent business regions will be located in Mechanicsville, VA and Hopkins, MN. To lead the new organizations, SUPERVALU has named Kevin Kemp president of the East region and Bill Chew president of the West region.
With this new independent business organization, SUPERVALU will streamline the organization and reduce operating costs while continuing to drive sales growth with its current and prospective customers. The changes also take into consideration the Company’s ongoing commitment to delivering excellent value, service and customer programs and offerings that meet the rapidly changing needs of its independent grocery store customers nationwide.
Initially, SUPERVALU anticipates reducing its employee workforce by approximately 200 positions throughout its independent business regional teams. Impacted employees will have an opportunity to apply for open positions within the new organization. The Company expects to fill approximately 120 new independent business jobs resulting in a net workforce reduction in its independent business organization as a result of this consolidation of approximately 80 positions. Employees who do not have employment with SUPERVALU going forward as a result of this workforce reduction will receive an offer of assistance related to this transition.
Original source: Supervalu Inc.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review