UK: 2000 results a mixed bag for City Centre Restaurants, focus on performing brands
City Centre Restaurants has released the preliminary results for its 307 branded restaurants during 2000, ending 31 December. For the full year, the company generated a 6% increase in turnover to £217m, up from £205.2m in 1999. Pre-tax profit took a hit during 2000 however, reaching only £15.9m, a 12% decrease from the previous year. Pre-exceptional items, which reached £21.6m because of the payments made to departing executives and the provision for diminution in the carrying value of certain assets, operating profit similarly fell to £19.7m from £20.3m in 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat