GERMANY: 2013 sales, profits up at Rewe
German grocer Rewe has reported higher annual sales and profits, with the retailer enjoying growth at home and abroad.
Rewe said today (27 March) total external sales from continuing operations in 2013 increased 2.9% to EUR50.6bn.
Sales in Germany and from Rewe's international markets were both up 2.9%. Domestic sales reached EUR36.2bn, while sales from its 12 other markets hit EUR14.4bn.
"Our group of companies has thus continued its course of profitable growth and further expanded its strong position at home and abroad," CEO Alain Caparros said.
EBITA from continuing operations increased by 15.3% to EUR466m.
"The balance sheet situation of our company is outstanding," Caparros said. "We are well prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. We work hard to develop new business models, especially in the area of ??e-commerce. At the same time we will continue to be able to react to market opportunities with acquisitions if they fit with our long-term strategy."
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review