UK: 21st century fat fighters (COMMENT)
In an interview with the BBC, Dr Gary Frost of Hammersmith Hospital, London, suggested that the obesity crisis might be tackled by replacing unhealthy ingredients of processed and junk foods with healthier substitutes. However, aside from the potential ethical and production issues surrounding such a scheme, tackling the root of the problem rather than the symptoms remains a far more appropriate method.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast