US: 260 jobs hang in the balance as ConAgra shuts Michigan site
ConAgra Foods has confirmed closure of its Grand Rapids Michigan site
ConAgra Foods has announced it is to close its Grand Rapids Michigan facility in a move that will affect 260 employees.
Production will cease in May 2014 with the plant scheduled to officially close in July 2014. Research and development activities will continue at the site until February 2015.
The company did not respond to questions about why the plant was closing when approached. However a spokesperson told just-food ConAgra is "committed to providing benefits and services that will help employees transition from the company or to other manufacturing plants within the company".
The site was acquired by ConAgra as part of a deal it signed with Sun Capital Partners for Elan Nutrition in 2010. Its primary production was cereal and snack bars.
ConAgra was recently in the news after Maxim Marketing Corporation accused the company and local retailer Trader Joe's of breaking competition law.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
ConAgra Foods Inc is looking to drive growth through the continued development of its private label portfolio and through product innovation. ConAgra is now the largest private label manufacturer in N...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Kids' Food and Beverages in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Amer...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Meat (Fresh and Processed) in Thousand Metric Tons by the following Product Segments: Pork, Lamb & Goat, Beef & Veal, and Poultry. The report provides se...
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom