US: 260 jobs hang in the balance as ConAgra shuts Michigan site
ConAgra Foods has confirmed closure of its Grand Rapids Michigan site
ConAgra Foods has announced it is to close its Grand Rapids Michigan facility in a move that will affect 260 employees.
Production will cease in May 2014 with the plant scheduled to officially close in July 2014. Research and development activities will continue at the site until February 2015.
The company did not respond to questions about why the plant was closing when approached. However a spokesperson told just-food ConAgra is "committed to providing benefits and services that will help employees transition from the company or to other manufacturing plants within the company".
The site was acquired by ConAgra as part of a deal it signed with Sun Capital Partners for Elan Nutrition in 2010. Its primary production was cereal and snack bars.
ConAgra was recently in the news after Maxim Marketing Corporation accused the company and local retailer Trader Joe's of breaking competition law.
Synopsis Canadean's "ConAgra Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (CAG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
In 2012 ConAgra Foods Inc unveiled its “Recipe for Growth”, and since then the company has achieved growth through the acquisition of Unilever’s PF Chang’s and Bertolli frozen ready meal brands, and t...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Energy Bars category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution chan...
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Kellogg, Burton's, Ulker "on UB bid shortlist"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre