US: 260 jobs hang in the balance as ConAgra shuts Michigan site
ConAgra Foods has confirmed closure of its Grand Rapids Michigan site
ConAgra Foods has announced it is to close its Grand Rapids Michigan facility in a move that will affect 260 employees.
Production will cease in May 2014 with the plant scheduled to officially close in July 2014. Research and development activities will continue at the site until February 2015.
The company did not respond to questions about why the plant was closing when approached. However a spokesperson told just-food ConAgra is "committed to providing benefits and services that will help employees transition from the company or to other manufacturing plants within the company".
The site was acquired by ConAgra as part of a deal it signed with Sun Capital Partners for Elan Nutrition in 2010. Its primary production was cereal and snack bars.
ConAgra was recently in the news after Maxim Marketing Corporation accused the company and local retailer Trader Joe's of breaking competition law.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
ConAgra Foods Inc is looking to drive growth through the continued development of its private label portfolio and through product innovation. ConAgra is now the largest private label manufacturer in N...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Kids' Food and Beverages in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Amer...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Meat (Fresh and Processed) in Thousand Metric Tons by the following Product Segments: Pork, Lamb & Goat, Beef & Veal, and Poultry. The report provides se...
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon