UK: £3.7bn spent on chocolate in 2001 - report
The UK has the largest chocolate consumption rate in Europe, with £3.7bn spent on chocolate in the UK in 2001. Chocolate is the leading category in the UK confectionery market. According to research by Datamonitor, 660.9m kg of chocolate was consumed in Britain in 2001, up by 55m kg from the amount consumed in 1996. The amount of chocolate consumed in the UK accounted for 30% of the total European market in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO