CHINA: 5000 new jobs to be created by PARKnSHOP
Hong Kong's leading supermarket chain PARKnSHOP, which already employs 6000 people, is planning to open a further eight stores in China leading to the recruitment of 5000 new employees. In 1984 PARKnSHOP, part of Hutchison Whampoa, opened its first supermarket in the Shekou district of Shenzhen. Now it has four megastores and two superstores in Guangzhou, Dongguan and Shenzhen, and plans to open its first megastore in Shanghai next year. One megastore in Guangzhou has reached a high sales value of 1.6m Chinese Yuan (US$194,000) per day.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin