CHINA: 5000 new jobs to be created by PARKnSHOP
Hong Kong's leading supermarket chain PARKnSHOP, which already employs 6000 people, is planning to open a further eight stores in China leading to the recruitment of 5000 new employees. In 1984 PARKnSHOP, part of Hutchison Whampoa, opened its first supermarket in the Shekou district of Shenzhen. Now it has four megastores and two superstores in Guangzhou, Dongguan and Shenzhen, and plans to open its first megastore in Shanghai next year. One megastore in Guangzhou has reached a high sales value of 1.6m Chinese Yuan (US$194,000) per day.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action