CHINA: 5000 new jobs to be created by PARKnSHOP
Hong Kong's leading supermarket chain PARKnSHOP, which already employs 6000 people, is planning to open a further eight stores in China leading to the recruitment of 5000 new employees. In 1984 PARKnSHOP, part of Hutchison Whampoa, opened its first supermarket in the Shekou district of Shenzhen. Now it has four megastores and two superstores in Guangzhou, Dongguan and Shenzhen, and plans to open its first megastore in Shanghai next year. One megastore in Guangzhou has reached a high sales value of 1.6m Chinese Yuan (US$194,000) per day.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review