US/UK: 7-Eleven plays down UK re-entry talk
7-Eleven left UK market in 1990s
C-store giant 7-Eleven has sought to cool talk it could re-enter the UK after reports the retailer was poised to return to the market.
Chris Tanco, the head of 7-Eleven's international business, reportedly told an industry conference in the UK the convenience store retailer was studying how to move back into the market.
"We would like to get in before the market takes off economically because that would be the best time," Tanco was quoted as saying by the conveniencestore.co.uk website. Tanco was said to have added 7-Eleven was "most interested" in "the German and UK markets".
However, a spokesperson for 7-Eleven in Dallas told just-food today Tanco's remarks were "taken out of context".
"We continually do feasibility studies, not only in the UK and Germany but other parts of the world. Bottom line is, we have no immediate plans to enter the UK at this time."
7-11 left the UK in 1997 when its stores in the country were acquired by local operator Budgens.
7-Eleven, Inc. (7-Eleven) is a retail company that operates a network of convenience stores across the world. The company operates through franchise and license models. 7-Eleven offers an extensive ra...
Canadean's "Seven-Eleven Japan Co., Ltd.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvie...
Seven-Eleven Japan Co., Ltd. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Geographically, the company is focusing on building up critical mass in the capital cities in the eastern states. It is aggressive in signing up new franchisees to enable the expansion. In this sense ...
7-Eleven Malaysia looks to become the best convenience retailer by constantly opening up new stores in neighbourhood locations close to prospective customers. In the near future, the retailer aims to ...
7-Eleven aims to increase the ratio of private label products among its total value sales and solidify its consumer foodservice sales through collaborations with major manufacturers, designers and com...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019