USA: 7-Eleven posts February sales rise
US convenience store operator 7-Eleven has reported a 2.1% rise in same-store merchandise sales in the US for February.
The company said total sales for the month increased 16% year-on-year to US$797.6m, reported the Wall Street Journal.
Sales of fuel rose 53% year-on-year to %264.6m, while the average retail price of petrol per gallon rose to $1.65 in February from $1.15 a year earlier.
7-Eleven operates or franchises around 5,800 convenience stores in the US and Canada, as well as licensing around 19,000 more stores worldwide.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action