THAILAND: 7-Eleven to invest in new stores
Thai convenience store chain 7-Eleven has announced a plan to invest TBt1.35bn (US$31.9m) into opening 320 new outlets and strengthening its food business. "This year, the local retail business industry is expected to grow as Thai shoppers spend more, buoyed by sentiment of higher economic growth," Piyawat Titasattavorakul, managing director of CP 7-Eleven, was quoted by the Nation as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods