USA: 70 million us adults have a positive attitude towards functional foods
According to Mintel Consumer Intelligence The US Functional Food Market report, approximately 75% of Americans would consider consuming functional foods in response to specific conditions such as osteoporosis or cholesterol. The market includes foods which are enhanced in some way or which ingredients have been added to produce a specific health benefit. The functional foods industry grew 14% in 2001 to a worth of $1,362 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs