US: 99 Cents appoints Anicetti interim CEO
US discount retailer 99 Cents Only Stores has appointed an interim CEO in a bid to build on its previously announced accelerated growth strategy.
The retailer said Richard Anicetti will take up the role previously held by Eric Schiffer, who the company said is "no longer employed by the company" as a result of "foregoing changes". The discounter has also appointed Michael Fung, previously senior VP and CFO of Wal-Mart's US operations as interim chief administrative officer.
"Since the first 99¢ Only store opened in 1982, the company has grown into one of the most impressive and differentiated extreme value retailers in the country," said David Kaplan, chairman of the Board of Directors. "The Gold/Schiffer family has been instrumental in creating this valuable business and establishing the widely-admired culture at 99¢ Only Stores. As a result, the company has flourished and today is positioned for continued growth and success."
Anicetti has served on the board of directors for the past eight months and has around 20 years of senior management experience in the food retail business, including serving for eight years as president and CEO of Food Lion grocery stores, a subsidiary of the Delhaize Group.
A company statement said 99 Cents Stores reported third-quarter revenue growth of 8.8% to US$439.5m. Same-store-sales increased 4.3%.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities