US: 99 Cents appoints Anicetti interim CEO
US discount retailer 99 Cents Only Stores has appointed an interim CEO in a bid to build on its previously announced accelerated growth strategy.
The retailer said Richard Anicetti will take up the role previously held by Eric Schiffer, who the company said is "no longer employed by the company" as a result of "foregoing changes". The discounter has also appointed Michael Fung, previously senior VP and CFO of Wal-Mart's US operations as interim chief administrative officer.
"Since the first 99¢ Only store opened in 1982, the company has grown into one of the most impressive and differentiated extreme value retailers in the country," said David Kaplan, chairman of the Board of Directors. "The Gold/Schiffer family has been instrumental in creating this valuable business and establishing the widely-admired culture at 99¢ Only Stores. As a result, the company has flourished and today is positioned for continued growth and success."
Anicetti has served on the board of directors for the past eight months and has around 20 years of senior management experience in the food retail business, including serving for eight years as president and CEO of Food Lion grocery stores, a subsidiary of the Delhaize Group.
A company statement said 99 Cents Stores reported third-quarter revenue growth of 8.8% to US$439.5m. Same-store-sales increased 4.3%.
Throughout the forecast period there is great potential for Lion Superindo –Gelael PT to expand its Super Indo supermarket network outside Java, especially in major cities outside Java, such as Medan,...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits