USA: Dairy Farming: A Labor of Love
As the nation honors its work force this Labor Day, America's dairy families will be working just as they do every day to bring fresh, wholesome dairy products to the consumer, according to Dairy Management Inc. and the National Milk Producers Federation.Dairy farming is a labor-intensive occupation, and producing such a wholesome product does not come without manpower. More than 94,000 families milk and care for 9.2 million dairy cows every day, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Through the efforts of the American dairy farmer, the United States has become the world's leader in cows' milk production, providing nearly 18.3 billion gallons of milk each year, reports USDA.These efforts do not go unnoticed. In a Roper Starch Worldwide consumer survey conducted earlier this year, nearly three-quarters of Americans recognize the value dairy farmers bring to their communities. In fact, 74 percent of respondents believe dairy farmers make significant contributions to society; only teachers (89 percent) and doctors (88 percent) ranked higher. Dairy Facts in Honor of Labor Day
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review