USA: A statement regarding the decision by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., to discontinue its business relationship with Maurice Bessinger
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. will no longer sell Maurice's barbecue sauce. This decision has nothing to do with the Confederate flag or the product. After researching Mr. Bessinger's history and present day business practices, Wal-Mart and SAM'S Club found that Mr.Bessinger's company is distributing materials that are contrary to one of our core principles, respect for the individual.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin