USA: A statement regarding the decision by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., to discontinue its business relationship with Maurice Bessinger
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. will no longer sell Maurice's barbecue sauce. This decision has nothing to do with the Confederate flag or the product. After researching Mr. Bessinger's history and present day business practices, Wal-Mart and SAM'S Club found that Mr.Bessinger's company is distributing materials that are contrary to one of our core principles, respect for the individual.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations