UK: A third of shoppers seek out local food in supermarkets
UK consumers are interested in purchasing local foods but they are unlikely to compromise on quality, appearance, cost or product availability, according to new research. Eight focus groups were conducted nationwide by the Institute of Grocery Distribution (IGD) early last month, and 1,000 consumers were interviewed nationally on the topic of local food as part of the IGD's Consumer Watch series.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti