UK: A third of shoppers seek out local food in supermarkets
UK consumers are interested in purchasing local foods but they are unlikely to compromise on quality, appearance, cost or product availability, according to new research. Eight focus groups were conducted nationwide by the Institute of Grocery Distribution (IGD) early last month, and 1,000 consumers were interviewed nationally on the topic of local food as part of the IGD's Consumer Watch series.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations