USA: A third of this year's turkey dinners will be takeout
Figures from a number of US supermarket chains are proving that the more traditional Thanksgiving roast has finally been usurped by its ready-prepared cousin, the turkey-to-go. The US National Restaurant Association has revealed that around a third of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day meals will have been bought ready prepared. A spokesman commented: "Used to be you barely saw Mom's and Grandma's faces because they were in the kitchen all day. Now you can actually spend time with them during the holidays."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival