USA: A third of this year's turkey dinners will be takeout
Figures from a number of US supermarket chains are proving that the more traditional Thanksgiving roast has finally been usurped by its ready-prepared cousin, the turkey-to-go. The US National Restaurant Association has revealed that around a third of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day meals will have been bought ready prepared. A spokesman commented: "Used to be you barely saw Mom's and Grandma's faces because they were in the kitchen all day. Now you can actually spend time with them during the holidays."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up