USA: A&B Sells Kahului, Maui Property For $18.2 Million
Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. (A&B) today completed the sale of the fee simple interest in a 13-acre parcel of land in Kahului, Maui for $18.2 million, announced A&B President and Chief Executive Officer W. Allen Doane. On the parcel is a 134,000 square foot wholesale membership warehouse, built by Costco Wholesale Corporation, and opened for business in 1995. Costco continues to be the tenant under a long-term ground lease. The purchasers are two related entities: the Hawaii Electricians Annuity Fund and Hawaii Electricians Pension Fund; they were represented by Marcus & Associates, Inc. "Back in 1994, when we announced Costco's tenancy at this key Maui location," said Doane, "we anticipated that Maui's consumers would value having the choice of shopping at a wholesale membership club. That has proven to be the case, and it is gratifying to transfer ownership of this successful property to another Hawaii-based entity. We expect to reinvest these funds shortly, and we are actively evaluating potential replacement properties." The parcel is located on the corner of Haleakala Highway and Dairy Road, adjacent to the island's only Kmart and near the Maui airport. Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. is a diversified corporation headquartered in Honolulu. A&B's major lines of business are ocean transportation (Matson Navigation Company, Inc.); property development and management (A&B Properties, Inc.); and food products (Hawaiian Commercial and Sugar Company, Kauai Coffee Company). Additional information about A&B may be found at its web site:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report