CHINA: Abbott to open Chinese infant nutrition plant
Abbott to open Chinese production facility
Global health care group Abbott is opening a second Chinese production facility to increase local production of its infant nutrition brands in the market.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food yesterday (13 November) the move would build on Abbott's 20 years of experience in operating in the Chinese market.
"We offer a number of science-based nutrition products in China for infants, children and adults. Some of our key brands include Similac, PediaSure, Gain, Ensure and Glucerna," the spokesperson said.
Abbott operates one nutrition manufacturing plant in Guangzhou. The second plant, which will be located in Jiaxing, will be operational in late 2013.
"When completed, the plant will become Abbott's first fully integrated spray drying, blending and packaging facility in China," the spokesperson revealed.
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- ABF grocery profits up but pressure on bread