CHINA: Abbott to open Chinese infant nutrition plant
Abbott to open Chinese production facility
Global health care group Abbott is opening a second Chinese production facility to increase local production of its infant nutrition brands in the market.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food yesterday (13 November) the move would build on Abbott's 20 years of experience in operating in the Chinese market.
"We offer a number of science-based nutrition products in China for infants, children and adults. Some of our key brands include Similac, PediaSure, Gain, Ensure and Glucerna," the spokesperson said.
Abbott operates one nutrition manufacturing plant in Guangzhou. The second plant, which will be located in Jiaxing, will be operational in late 2013.
"When completed, the plant will become Abbott's first fully integrated spray drying, blending and packaging facility in China," the spokesperson revealed.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition