CHINA: Abbott to open Chinese infant nutrition plant
Abbott to open Chinese production facility
Global health care group Abbott is opening a second Chinese production facility to increase local production of its infant nutrition brands in the market.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food yesterday (13 November) the move would build on Abbott's 20 years of experience in operating in the Chinese market.
"We offer a number of science-based nutrition products in China for infants, children and adults. Some of our key brands include Similac, PediaSure, Gain, Ensure and Glucerna," the spokesperson said.
Abbott operates one nutrition manufacturing plant in Guangzhou. The second plant, which will be located in Jiaxing, will be operational in late 2013.
"When completed, the plant will become Abbott's first fully integrated spray drying, blending and packaging facility in China," the spokesperson revealed.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape