CHINA: Abbott to open Chinese infant nutrition plant
Abbott to open Chinese production facility
Global health care group Abbott is opening a second Chinese production facility to increase local production of its infant nutrition brands in the market.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food yesterday (13 November) the move would build on Abbott's 20 years of experience in operating in the Chinese market.
"We offer a number of science-based nutrition products in China for infants, children and adults. Some of our key brands include Similac, PediaSure, Gain, Ensure and Glucerna," the spokesperson said.
Abbott operates one nutrition manufacturing plant in Guangzhou. The second plant, which will be located in Jiaxing, will be operational in late 2013.
"When completed, the plant will become Abbott's first fully integrated spray drying, blending and packaging facility in China," the spokesperson revealed.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US