CHINA: Abbott to open Chinese infant nutrition plant
Abbott to open Chinese production facility
Global health care group Abbott is opening a second Chinese production facility to increase local production of its infant nutrition brands in the market.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food yesterday (13 November) the move would build on Abbott's 20 years of experience in operating in the Chinese market.
"We offer a number of science-based nutrition products in China for infants, children and adults. Some of our key brands include Similac, PediaSure, Gain, Ensure and Glucerna," the spokesperson said.
Abbott operates one nutrition manufacturing plant in Guangzhou. The second plant, which will be located in Jiaxing, will be operational in late 2013.
"When completed, the plant will become Abbott's first fully integrated spray drying, blending and packaging facility in China," the spokesperson revealed.
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour