USA: Abbott to use Martek oils in new infant formula to aid mental and visual development
The Ross Products division of Abbott Laboratories is to use oils produced by Martek Biosciences Corp . in a new infant formula. The formula will be enriched with Martek's nutritional docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA) oils, and will be launched in the US early this year. DHA and ARA are natural components of breast-milk and are believed by many researchers to play a pivotal role in perinatal neural development, the company said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever