UK: ABF acquires Dorset Cereals
ABF acquires Dorset Cereals for GBP50m
Associated British Foods is understood to have entered an agreement to acquire up-market cereal brand Dorset Cereals.
An industry source said that the deal - which is yet to be confirmed by the company - remains subject to regulatory approval.
ABF is said to have agreed to pay current owner Wellness Foods GBP50m (US$83.8m) to secure the brand.
Speculation emerged at the beginning of April that Wellness could be preparing to sell the business.
While Welless did not confirm that it had put Dorset on the block, the company did reveal that it had received interest from a number of companies. ABF, Bright Food controlled Weetabix and Kellogg were touted as potential suitors for the brand.
ABF did not immediately respond to requests for comment this morning.
ABF has been working to improve the fortunes of its grocery business. The company started to see profits at the unit improve in the back half of last year and, in its most recent trading update, ABF booked a 100 basis point margin improvement and 3% sales rise for the first half of this year.
Commenting on the rumours, Panmure Gordon analyst Graham Jones told just-food that the Dorset Cereals brand was a good buy for the company.
"I think Dorset is a great brand, with good growth potential and will be an excellent fit with ABF's existing Jordan's brand. I understand sales are circa GBP40m and as such the rumoured price represents a very good price."
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019