AUSTRALIA/UK: ABF buys out George Weston Foods
UK food manufacturer Associated British Foods is to buy the remaining 18.75% stake in Australia's George Weston Foods that it does not already own. George Weston Foods makes bread and biscuits including Tip Top, Ryvita, Wagon Wheels and Chocolate Wheatens. Shares in the company will be delisted from the Australian Stock Exchange and the company will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of ABF, which is based in London.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO